Lower Face And Neck Lift Photos
Here you will find photos of lower face and neck lift. The lower third of the face and neck are areas that are prone to pronounced early age changes.
Complaints on the sagging skin of the cheeks, wrinkles, deep nasolabial folds appear already at a fairly young age.
Careful skin care can not withstand gravity, which every year literally pulls the facial tissues down.
Lower face and neck lift will help to correct the facial contours, eliminate the double chin and wrinkles in the mouth and neck area.
Indications and contraindications for surgery
Lower face and neck lift is recommended for patients aged 35-50 years with moderate manifestations of age-related face and neck.
The operation will eliminate the ptosis of the cheek, raise the corners of the lips, make nasolabial folds less pronounced, the contour of the lower jaw is clear, and the skin – more elastic.
It should be borne in mind that significant excess tissue, especially on the neck, can be eliminated only by additional techniques. For example, to rejuvenate the neck in this case indicated platysmoplasty.
At the consultation, the doctor will talk about the possibilities of each operation and advise that technique or complex intervention, that will be effective in each case, taking into account the patient’s wishes, the particularities of the structure of the tissues and their condition.
Lower face and neck lift can not be performed for patients with severe diseases of the heart, blood and vessels, people with diabetes, infectious diseases, pregnant women.
Currently, the lower face and neck lift is most often performed using an endoscope.
This is a special equipment with a mini camera and tools that allow you to operate through small incisions on the skin, controlling the course of the operation.
Incisions of about 1 cm in length are carried out along the hair growth line, in the scalp and in the oral cavity and after application of the sutures are practically unnoticeable. There are several modern endoscopic techniques, each of which has advantages and disadvantages. One of the most popular is SMAS facelift.
Earlier surgeons carried out a tightening only of the skin. This gave not the most aesthetic effect, the face did not look natural. Now, the basis of the correct facelift is the work with a superficial muscular-aponeurotic complex, from the location of which the appearance basically depends.
SMAS facelift is carried out under anesthesia. The surgeon makes an incision from ear lobe to the upper edge, skirting the tragus from the inside, it will help make the scars are not visible to others.
The original method of tightening the lower third of the face involves the use of “suspending” seams that fix the tissues of the superficial muscular aponeurotic layer to the periosteum of the zygomatic arch in the desired position.
This manipulation allows to effectively “lift” the lower third of the face. For even greater effect, other seams have been developed that are used to correct nasolabial folds, additional effects on the tissues of the cheeks, neck, and chin.
If the patient has severe fat deposits in the neck and chin areas, the surgeon performs liposuction.
This will help to beautifully outline the angle of the lower jaw and get additional opportunities for neck tightening. At the end of the endoscopic operation, the surgeon excludes excess skin, sutures.
Recently, a short-scars modification of endoscopic surgery or S lift is gaining popularity. According to this technique, the surgeon makes a small incision in front of the auricle. This technique also allows to work with the superficial muscular-aponeurotic layer and achieve optimal aesthetic results.
Advantages of S-FaceLift:
- Small incisions and, therefore, scarring.
- Less risk of damage to the branches of the facial nerve. Usually such a complication can be in carrying out incisions in the behind-the-go region.
- Quick recovery. A small extension of the surgical wound provides faster healing. Sutures are removed after 7-10 days.
- A good aesthetic effect, without a mask effect.
- Fast an operation allows the use of less anesthetic, which reduces the risk of complications associated with anesthesia.
- Long-term result. The effect on subcutaneous structures, on the muscular aponeurotic layer, provides a stable and long-lasting result.
Lower Facelift with endotin
For the fixation of soft tissues during the lower face and neck lift, in addition to the sutures, endotines can be used. Endotine is a flexible tape or plate with prongs, which helps effectively and safely fix the tissues in the desired position, which the surgeon chooses.
After tissue healing, endotine absorbed without leaving any traces. The surgeon makes an incision along the hairline or behind the ear to install endotins. With the help of special tools, he inserts the fixing tape into the space between the skin and the muscles. The surgeon lifts the muscles higher to give the person the necessary shape and sews the endotin to the periosteum. After completion of manipulations with the muscle layer, the doctor excludes excess skin and sutures.
- Precise fixation of tissues in the desired position
- Less stress on tissues, compared with sutures
- Minimally invasive surgery, which does not require a long recovery.
- Most often the patient can go home the next day after the lower face and neck lift, when he finally wakes up from anesthesia.
- Sometimes the patient is advised to stay for 1-2 days in the clinic.
- Sutures are removed 7-10 days after the operation.
- In the first week it is necessary to wear a pressure bandage, which will help get rid of swelling more quickly.
- If the patient was undergoing liposuction, the dressing should be continued for 2 more weeks, but for the night.
- In the first week can be a hematoma and significant swelling, which by the end of the second week of gradually subside. In addition, there may be pain in rest and, especially, when chewing.
You can use lymph drainage massage, restoring masks, electric shock to accelerate recovery after the lower face and neck lift surgery.