Are you tired of looking old when in fact you feel energetic and young? When you look in the mirror, who do you see there: yourself or an unfamiliar elderly person? What are you going to do?
Youth is the inner state of man, and not his external image. Unfortunately, in due course appearance does not correspond to our internal state.
The purpose of facelift is to keep time, to reconcile the external and internal state of a person!
Facelifting, or rhytidectomy, rejuvenates the neck, face, cheeks, eyes, and forehead. The concept of “rhytidectomy” comes from the Greek word “rytis”, which means “wrinkle”, plus “ectomy”, which means “incision.”In fact, this concept includes a group of rejuvenating procedures that, due to professionals, will not make you change beyond recognition, but will give you a rejuvenated, rested look.
The essence of facelift is:
- redistribution of the skin;
- truncation of skin excesses;
- strengthening the muscles of the face;
- the formation of a new facial contours.
The neck and cheeks become tight, the line of cheekbones and chin sharpens, the skin acquires elasticity and youth.
Indications for facelift
- deep lines that connect the wings of the nose and the corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds);
- fuzzy contours of the chin or sagging oval face;
- the sagging of the cheekbones and deep creases on the cheeks;
- flabby skin, wrinkles,
- excess fatty tissue in the neck.
During facelift, the plastic surgeon uses a scalpelto make incision starting at the temporal region and continuing to the front of the auricle. After reaching lobe of the ear, the incision bends around it, going out to the occiput. Then follows a broad disruption of skin of the temples, cheeks, chin, neck, with subsequent redistribution and excision of skin excess.
The surgeon moves the skin, fat tissues, muscles in such a way as to eliminate the sagging parts of the face, and then fixs the muscles and connective tissue with the seams (SMAS-lift). The skin is tightenedback and up, and excess skin is removed.
As a rule, face and neck lifting is performed during one operation. In addition to tightening the skin around the neck, the muscles of the neck, as a rule, are fixed through a small incision under the chin.Thus, due to the tension of the skin, as well as the muscular-aponeurotic layer (SMAS), it is possible to:
- Firstly, wrinkles smooth out, making its almost invisible (which looks particularly impressive in the area of the cheeks, neck),
- Secondly, to recreate the aesthetically correct, harmonious contour of the angle between the lower jaw and neck,
- and, thirdly, to a large extent restore the facial contours, the omission of which primarily worries the patients.
Very many men and women make a circular facelift. This is the second most common surgery after eyelid surgery. Almost always facelift is combined with other procedures, such as:
- elimination of heavy eyelids,
- removal of bags under the eyes,
- Rejuvenation of the forehead, removal of the overhanging eyebrows,
- tightening of heavy cheeks,
- formation of the neck and chin contour,
- injection cosmetology,
- laser liposuction of the chin and neck,
- chemical peeling.
Despite the fact that, forehead lift is not an obligatory part of the circular face lift or neck, but there is, in fact, a separate operation, but sometimes it makes sense to discuss with the surgeon the possibility of performing it simultaneously with facelift. It is recommended, if possible, to combine a facelift and neck with a forehead lift (especially since the latter does not make the postoperative period worse). But you will definitely be satisfied with the result.With the help of an endoscopic forehead lift, you can smooth out the deep horizontal wrinkles of this area, and also lift heavy “drooping” eyebrows, which will largely transform and rejuvenate the face. It is possible to perform blepharoplasty simultaneously with a circular facelift. Plastic surgeons with the help of microsurgical methods of suturing achieve remarkable results: incisions are practically not visible.
An integrated approach to solving the aesthetic problems of the patient, planning an operation with the expectation of maximum effect with minimal risks to health is the professional credo of our clinic.
Recommended age for a faceliftThe age range of patients varies from 40 to 60 years old. It should be noted that facelift is successfully tolerated by both 70-year-olds and 80-year-old patients. Most plastic surgeons believe that the ideal candidate is “a middle-aged woman with a strong bone skeleton and a minimal amount of fat tissue.” A facelift is best performed when the face and neck already have signs of sagging, but the skin is still elastic.
The stitches are removed a few days after the operation. This does not lead to the divergence of the edges of the wound (which many patients fear), since special strips are placed in place of the removed stitches.As a result, just a month after the operation, the seam is almost invisible. In the first 2-3 days after surgery, the patient is usually concerned about the swelling of the face, concentrated in the eye area. It should be noted that painful sensations occur extremely rarely and, if they occur, are easily removed by the simplest analgesics. Sometimes, unpleasant sensations in the seams area caused discomfort, which is quite acceptable in the first 2-4 days after the operation, because the body undergoes some changes. Subsequently, there may be a loss of sensitivity of some areas of the skin, a slight tingling. All this over time passes.
The degree of puffiness should in no case be projected onto the final result: you just need to be patient and wait until the end of the recovery period. In the first days after surgery, the patient is under the supervision of a surgeon who monitors the nature and individual characteristics of the healing process.A mandatory condition for adequate healing is full compliance with your surgeon’s recommendations and the performance of prescribed rehabilitation procedures. This is a wearing a compression bandage after a facelift. Some time after the operation you need to wear a special bandage. This will gradually release the swelling of the soft tissues of the face. After removing the bandage, the patient can return to a full life.
The final stage
The final result appears only a short time after the operation. The timing of complete recovery is very individual and depends on the depth of surgery and the characteristics of the organism: from a few weeks to two months. Face and neck lifting is one of the most responsible and priority operations in the clinic, because its results are not only your face, but also the face of our clinic!
Reviews of facelift (rhytidectomy):JENNIFER, Los Angeles: “I had a complex rejuvenating operation – endoscopic facelift and lower blepharoplasty. After the operation, there were a lot of positive emotions! This does not apply to the rehabilitation period, there still need to follow certain rules, but if you follow the surgeon’s advice, everything will be fine! I just saw as the day-to-day swelling subside, and the face becomes more and more natural and youthful. I really needed this operation and the result significantly raised my self-esteem.”
DOROTHY, Houston: “I did the classic SMAS facelift. The flabbiness disappeared, wrinkles were smoothed out. About 10-15 years you can look younger! Thank you for my new face!”CAROL, San Diego: “If someone has problems with skin and eyelids, I would advise doing facelift (rhytidectomy). Once I was beautiful and cheerful, and then noticed that I have some sad, even dreary expression. And not only I had such a problem, many of my friends have the same thing, it is related to my age. It seems that the mood is good, but the face is sad. And the huge bags under your eyes and the blurred eyelids, this horror is simple! But then one of my friends made blepharoplasty and looked much better! I began to question her, and she advised me to go to the surgeon. The surgeon suggested making blepharoplasty and endoscopic facelift of the middle zone of the face and, in addition, removing wrinkles from the forehead. I did not hesitate for a minute, because the result of his work I had already seen on my friend. And in a couple of weeks I had an operation. The result is just a bomb – as if it looked ten years younger. And my face is now cheerful again, the corners of my lips have risen, no scars are visible, my forehead has smoothed out, there are no bags under my eyes. And every time I look in the mirror, I see my happy face and tell the surgeon thanks!” JESSICA, New York City: “I had an endoscopic forehead lift and was quite happy with the result. The face looks natural and more youthful. The forehead feels great, it now frowns a little and already “does not fall” in his eyes, as before the operation. It’s cool that this tired and gloomy look is no longer there. I really like it, it’s almost impossible for others to understand what has changed in me. Thank you!”
ERICA, Chicago: “All I will say that the SMAS facelift is also needed. But otherwise the endoscopic facelift has many advantages. Now again there was a certainty in myself, a sense of speedy old age was missing. That is, it turned out that I corrected only the appearance, but also improved my psychological health. In addition, the operation did not cause me much anxiety.”LINDA, Jacksonville: “I am 54 years old. I did a full facelift and a neck lift in January of this year. I had 8 operations at a time – facelift, blepharoplasty of the upper and lower eyelid, facelift of the middle, lower part of the face, neck, forehead, etc. Recovery, however, is not fast, but it’s worth it. I look 15 years younger! Sensations not transferable. Three or four months after the operation, a full-fledged life began. Even “good friends” appreciated the result. My husband does not snore – except for “beauty”, I now do not hear anything from him. A low bow and many thanks to the surgeon with a capital letter and his team.”
KIMBERLY, Philadelphia: “When I went to surgery, I was worried of course, but everything went so fast. I expected that it would be more difficult. But the recovery was quite easy for me. Now I really feel younger myself, than when I came to your clinic. Still, when you see a young face in a mirror, then you behave yourself accordingly.”GRACE, Indianapolis: “I had blepharoplasty in combination with an endoscopic facelift. I thought I’d just do blepharoplasty, but I would not have achieved the desired result for rejuvenation, after all, it’s not the girl already. I have had problems with my eyelids, which can be seen with the naked eye. And now I have a clean look. Endoscopic facelift gave a great effect, the face is very fresh! Thank you!”
MARTHA, Chicago: “I still decided on the cardinal changes in appearance at the age of 45, I do not want to forget what are beauty and self-confidence. Complaints were most likely widespread: big cheeks, nasolabial fold, lowered corners of the lips were omitted, and the general oval of the face already left much to be desired. My surgery was 2 months ago, the surgeon worked wonderfully well! The rejuvenating effect is simply stunning! All my age problems were resolved in one operation!”DOROTHY, Phoenix: “I had an operation S-facelift and upper blepharoplasty. After the operation, I have only positive emotions. The face looked younger at 8-10. Honestly, I did not expect this. The look became younger due to blepharoplasty. And I initially did not plan to have blepharoplasty, the doctor advised. And thanks to him for that, because the effect would be incomplete. I hope that I will remain so young for a long time!”
DEBORAH, Los Angeles: “Six months have passed since my operation, I think it’s time to sum up. So, I had a facelift, S-lift (tightened the lower and middle zones of the face). Of all the traces of the operation, a small scar in my ear remained for me to remember. This is a small fee for eliminating wrinkles. The traces of the operation is a small scar in my ear remained for me to remember. This is a small fee for eliminating wrinkles.”
- French Lift Reviews French facelift is another branding gimmick. Facial structure is complex and requires skilled surgeon to treat it. A 3D structure can’t be fixed by one suture. Thread lifts are falling out favor due to lack...read more
- 60 Minute Facelift Reviews Many patients are seeking the least invasive procedure with the least down-time to improve their appearance. Unfortunately, without fail, the shorter the procedure and the incision, the shorter time the result lasts. Avoid these gimmicks...read more
- Facelift Scar Healing Reviews A well performed facelift surgery with minimal tension on skin will leave minimally noticeable incision lines. It takes about 8 weeks to see a smooth incision lines. It should be mentioned that individuals with history...read more
- MACS Facelift Recovery Time - Reviews Of Surgeons The recovery from MACS face lift varies. I always tell patients to plan on at least 2 wks. At least. The variables involved are many! I will list the most common below as they can...read more
- Lifestyle Lift Vs Mini Facelift - Reviews Of Surgeons A Lifestyle Lift is a mini-facelift that is performed in an office setting using minimal sedation and local anesthesia. It was designed to provide men and women who would not have been able to afford...read more
- Mini Facelift At 40 - Reviews Of Surgeons 40 is not an unusual age for a mini lift. The ideal time to do procedure is when you start seeing issues and not 20 years later. Minilift is a great option for early jowls...read more
- Feather Lift Reviews A feather lift is a minimally invasive procedure with threads that are barbed. They are threaded into the tissue and then placed under tension to affect a lift in certain areas. I have never been...read more
- Lower Face Lift Recovery Time - Reviews From Surgeons Recovery time after lower facelifts vary with the patient. On average, recovery is 14 days. The first day, the patient can go home or spend the night. He or she will have a dressing around...read more
- Y-Lift - Reviews Of Plastic Surgeons The name Y Lift was coined by a doctor who utilizes dermal fillers to add volume to the face and to give a subtle appearance of a lift in the mid-face region. Dermal fillers are...read more
- Liquid Facelift - Reviews Of Plastic Surgeons The “liquid” Face Lift is a technique that involves the use of fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm, Sculptra, and chemodenervators such as Botox or Dysport to rejuvenate areas of the face. Some may add fat...read more
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation Machine Reviews The electric stimulation machines might help to improve muscle tones, but facial laxity is due to laxity of SMAS, which is not typical muscle that would respond to electrical stimulation. They will never be a...read more
- Facelift Patient Reviews The cost of facelift surgery is not cheap by any means. This is because of the high complexity of the procedure, thus requiring the skills of highly qualified surgeons and doctors. In this article, we...read more
- Non Surgical Face Lift - Reviews Of Doctors There are several options one can consider for nonsurgical facelift alternatives. Fillers – be prepared if one has deep jowls and hollowness of the cheeks, 6-8 cc’s of filler may be necessary to achieve your...read more
- Microcurrent Face Lift - Reviews Of Plastic Surgeons Micro Current treatments will not result in the anytihing close to the results of a facelift and in fact a study that looked at this question in 2006 showed no change in the before and...read more
- Weekend Facelift - Reviews Of Cosmetic Surgeons The weekend facelift is a really just a mini facelift. When the results and recovery time quoted to you are too good to be true, it usually is. There is no surgical facelift procedure that...read more